Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Review of Illuminations Fireworks Cruise At EPCOT

On September 3, 2006 my traveling companions and I rented a pontoon boat at the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and embarked upon the Illuminations Fireworks Cruise at EPCOT. My review is as follows.

You rent a pontoon for up to 10 people for $325 (came out to a little more than $32 a person for everyone in our group) and it takes you on a private ride down the river to Disney's MGM Studios, then back around to EPCOT where you park under a bridge and get an unobstructed view of "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth". The nighttime fireworks show at EPCOT. Having never seen it before, and hearing wonderful things about it, I decided this was for me! We get on the pontoon and set sail down the little river. It was very cute. They provide sodas, water and all kinds of chips. We all felt so snooty booty. We were on the boat a good 90 minutes at least. The show was great. Our skipper told us a little about it. It's divided into 3 acts.

Act I: Chaos. Chaos signifies the Big Bang and the creation of the Earth

Act II: Order. Order is brought to Earth and the Earth Globe appears. It changes from hot white to red to blue. Images appear on the Globe of countries, famous places, objects, and people.

Act III: Celebration. The Earth Globe opens revealing a torch and 1,000 white fireworks are ignited. The final loud fireworks explode and white, perimeter flash and end with a loud crackle.

Now, let me tell you. Act 1 loses its mind!! I mean fireworks out the wazoo. And LOOOOOOUD as thunder. It was really neat. Fireworks were just shooting out of everywhere. Huge balls of fire were blazing all over the place. It was bad!! I was all caught up in it and then remembered that it was supposed to signify the "big bang", and that made it even cooler. The rest of the show was alright. A little slow. But, everyone enjoyed it. Myself, I was busy enjoying the free Doritos.

Experience Rating: ºoº  ºoº  ºoº  ºoº



For more information on how to book a fireworks cruise, contact me at Pixie Vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment