Friday, June 15, 2012

Walt Disney World Summer 2012 Pre-Trip Report - pt 1

In exactly two months I'll be heading to Walt Disney World for 4 days and 3 nights.

CAST OF CHARACTERS~

Brandy (myself)

 Lily Belle (my daughter)

 Sandy (my mother)

Michelle (my cousin)

Jeremy (Michelle's husband. Shown here in "Flat Jeremy" form.)

We'll be staying at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside resort in the Royal Guest Rooms. This will be a first time for everyone at this hotel and we're looking forward to it. 



The dates we have chosen are August 15-18th. I will be driving down with my mother and daughter. Michelle and Jeremy will be flying in to Orlando.  We were able to get a really good deal on the hotel rooms through my cousins workplace, and with my mothers military discount, the ticket prices are a real steal. 

We haven't been able to do much planning on the trip seeing as how I work weekends and this trip has thus far been kept a secret from my daughter. Hopefully we can keep it that way until our arrival. I plan on telling Lily that we are driving far away to visit some relatives, Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben. She has seen the Royal Guest Rooms promoted though Disney and has asked to "stay there someday." Well, this mommy loves nothing more than making "someday" happen as soon as possible. 

So far our "must do's" include dining at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater at Disney's Hollywood Studios and trying to tackle The Kitchen Sink ice cream extravaganza served at The Beach Club Resort's Beaches & Cream Soda Shop. 

The Kitchen Sink

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
We really need to sit down and plan which dates we want to do which parks, especially if we want to make advanced reservations for Sci-Fi. I think my cousin wants to dine at Cinderella's Royal Table. I thought about it and decided that my daughter and I would take a pass on that, as the dining experience there for just the two of us would be nearly $100, and I know my daughter just wants chicken nuggets. So I'm hoping that my cousin and her husband still take advantage of the beautiful and romantic setting that CRT has to offer and have a little date for themselves. I am always a HUGE supporter of romance time for couples. 

Inside Cinderella's Royal Table - Which is located in Cinderella's Castle

 So be sure to check in at regular intervals for the updated pre-trip report reports and then the follow up trip report which will surely have tons of pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment